BEREA MAKERS MARKET
VENDOR AGREEMENT - SPRING 2017
Berea Makers Market is an annual craft fair featuring fresh, modern craft + design from central KY artists. The fair venue is Russell Acton Folk Center, a property owned and maintained by the City of Berea. The following are ordinances and guidelines we are asking all vendors to abide by:
The City of Berea, and Berea Makers Market, prohibits the sale or display of any items featuring the Confederate flag. We believe it is very important that our fair is welcoming to people of all nationalities, faiths and backgrounds, so we are fully supportive of this City ordinance.
The City of Berea is also asking that all vendors obtain a business license from the City. The usual application fees have been waived, so there is no cost to receive the license and it is good for the lifetime of your business. You will have to submit a net profit return once a year (by April 15th 2018) on all profits made while doing business in Berea (this is 2% of net profits or a minimum of $25). We will be petitioning the City to review the business license requirements, and are hopeful that the net profit requirements will be adjusted this year so that you will not incur any fees from participating in Berea Makers Market.
If you don't currently have a Berea business license, the form can be accessed online at http://bereaky.gov/government/city-departments/codes-planning/business-license/, printed and completed at home, and sent to 212 Chestnut St. Attn: Finance Dept., Berea, KY 40403. Again, there is NO fee for a business license- please check on the form under "Application Type" that you're applying for the "Initial Business License Registration Fee." Also, please note at the top of the form that you will be a vendor at Berea Makers Market. Applications should be sent in by May 1st so that your paperwork can be processed. If you have any questions regarding business license requirements, please contact our event organizer at Laura@BereaMakersMarket.com.
Our target audience includes young families, so we are asking that artists bring items that are appropriate for all ages. This is not an attempt to limit creative expression in any way; however, Berea Makers Market is intended to be a craft market with wide appeal, rather than a showcase of politically or visually provocative art. We reserve the right to limit any material deemed to be inappropriate, and appreciate your cooperation.
Load in begins at 7 AM at Russell Acton Folk Center. There is ample parking at the venue, and we ask that you come to the Information Booth upon arrival and a volunteer can assist you with load in if necessary. All booths must be completely assembled and ready to open by 10 AM.
And the rest of the legal stuff:
- LIABILITY: While all precaution will be taken to guard against loss of equipment, inventory or display material, Berea Makers Market will not assume any responsibility for loss of any kind.
- INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for insuring their goods and/or equipment against any loss.
- VENDOR APPLICATION: Vendor agreement and payment must be received prior to April 13th (both are completed online at www.BereaMakersMarket.com).
- BOOTH SET-UP: The Exhibitor may not under any circumstance sublet all or any portion of their booth space. (It is possible for two artists to share one booth space, but this must be arranged prior to Application Deadline of April 13th). Also, all work must be Exhibitor’s original work. Your space number and location will be available at the Information Booth the morning of show set-up.
- BOOTH OPERATION: Booth must be staffed during all hours of operation (10AM - 6 PM). There will be volunteers available to sit at your booth if you need short breaks throughout the day.
- SOUND/VIDEO: If sound and/or video equipment is used, Exhibitor is required to ensure that there is no disturbance to neighboring exhibitors.
- FIRE REGULATIONS: The Exhibitor agrees to observe all Fire Regulations and maintain acceptable Fire Prevention practices as required by the Berea Fire Department. There is no smoking at the fair venue, either indoors or outdoors.
- REFUND POLICY: We are happy to refund booth fees, if we are contacted at least 1 month prior to event. No refunds will be issued after one month deadline has passed.