BEREA MAKERS MARKET
VENDOR AGREEMENT - sPRING SHOW 2018
Berea Makers Market is a semi-annual craft fair featuring fresh, modern craft + design from Kentucky artists. Our venue is Russel Acton Folk Center, a property owned and maintained by the City of Berea. The following are ordinances and guidelines we are asking all vendors to abide by:
1) The City of Berea, and Berea Makers Market, prohibits the sale or display of any items featuring the Confederate flag. We believe it is very important that our fair is welcoming to people of all nationalities, faiths and backgrounds, so we are fully supportive of this City ordinance.
2) The City of Berea requires that all vendors have a business license from the City.
If you don't currently have a Berea business license, the form can be accessed online at http://bereaky.gov/government/city-departments/codes-planning/business-license/, printed and completed at home, and sent to 212 Chestnut St. Attn: Finance Dept., Berea, KY 40403. If you have any questions regarding business license, please contact our event organizer at Laura@BereaMakersMarket.com.
Our target audience includes young families, so we are asking that artists bring items that are appropriate for all ages. This is not an attempt to limit creative expression in any way; however, Berea Makers Market is intended to be a craft market with wide appeal, rather than a showcase of politically or visually provocative art. We reserve the right to limit any material deemed to be inappropriate, and appreciate your cooperation.
Load in begins at 7 AM at Russel Acton Folk Center. There is ample parking at the venue, and we ask that you come to the Information Booth upon arrival and a volunteer can assist you with load in if necessary. All booths must be completely assembled and ready to open by 10 AM.
No helium balloons in the Folk Center due to overhead fans!
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed.
All booths must stay open until 5 PM - please do not start taking down booth space until show is over at 5 PM.
And the legal stuff:
- LIABILITY: While all precaution will be taken to guard against loss of equipment, inventory or display material, Berea Makers Market will not assume any responsibility for loss of any kind.
- INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for insuring their goods and/or equipment against any loss.
- VENDOR APPLICATION: Vendor agreement and payment must be received prior to March 1st (both are completed online at www.BereaMakersMarket.com).
- BOOTH SET-UP: The Exhibitor may not under any circumstance sublet all or any portion of their booth space. (It is possible for two artists to share one booth space, but this must be arranged prior to Application Deadline of March 1st). Also, all work must be Exhibitor’s original work, and must be the same items/products that were described in application. Your space number and location will be available at the Information Booth the morning of show set-up.
- BOOTH OPERATION: Booth must be staffed during all hours of operation (10AM - 5 PM). We hope to have volunteers to help give breaks during the day, but cannot guarantee this.
- SOUND/VIDEO: If sound and/or video equipment is used, Exhibitor is required to ensure that there is no disturbance to neighboring exhibitors.
- FIRE REGULATIONS: The Exhibitor agrees to observe all Fire Regulations and maintain acceptable Fire Prevention practices as required by the Berea Fire Department. There is no smoking at the fair venue, either indoors or outdoors. Please walk across the street or to the nearby parking lot to smoke. Thank you!
- REFUND POLICY: We are happy to refund booth fees, if we are contacted at least 1 month prior to event. No refunds will be issued after one month deadline has passed.